I am located in the beautiful Sunshine Coast Region in Queensland, where I have lived for 20 years. You can meet me in person in Nambour at my office at The Old Ambulance Station, or at my home near Palmwoods.
I can also work with you by phone. (0405210251) I have a variety of clients, including those from interstate, who find this works very well.
I am a life long learner who is fascinated by the relationship between theory and practice. I love understanding why things work, how things change and how people can build more fulfilling lives and kinder communities.
My final masters paper focused on the relationship between productive creativity and self esteem building.I have a particular interest in the teaching and understanding of compassionate communication.
As well as teaching and counselling, I am known for my provocative, original cabaret productions, which highlight social justice, gender, as well as personal and professional development and empowerment issues.I have been employed by community, government, business organizations, families, couples and individuals.
- Master of Fine Arts, Drama (with Educational Counselling) QUT
- Post Grad Diploma of Teaching, USQ
- Post Grad Diploma in Drama, Auckland University
- Bachelor of Arts, Media and Communication, Griffith University
- Diploma of Counselling
- Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment
- 1992-2015 Writer, Performer, Speaker, Life Coach and Communication Coach. Creator and Facilitator of Creative Writing, Public Speaking, Acting and Compassionate Communication Courses (The Greens, The Maroochy Shire Council, International Women’s Day, the orchard 339, World Environment Day, Centacare, Zonta, Ipswich Shire Council, Gympie Mental Health Service, Gympie Art Gallery, artspace 10, Theatre S, Belatrix Theatre Company, Festuri, Reclaim the Night, Inala Community Centre, Nambour Community Centre, Noosa Arts Theatre, Nambour Civic Centre)
- 2007-2014 Tutor and Lecturer: Strategic Speech Communication: QUT
- 2006-2007 Lecturer: Acting: Sunshine Coast Academy of Dramatic Arts SCADA
- 2004-2005 Voice Teacher: Performing Arts Certificate: Sunshine Coast TAFE
- 1995- 2005 Part –Time Teacher: Music, Drama, English and Special Needs, in Primary and High Schools(St John’s College, Siena Catholic College, Immanuel Lutheran College)
- 1992-2004 Tutor Professional Communication and Negotiation, Strategic Speech communication, Communication and Thought and Group Communication at USC and QUT
- 1985-1990 Teacher in Theatre, English and Special Needs: Lockyer District High